Transition Networks’ Carrier Ethernet solution delivers the promise of simplicity deployed. This comprehensive solution includes CE 2.0 compliant demarcation devices, access switches, and the Converge™ element and service management platform.
With the goal of enabling new service generating revenue, Transition Networks’ S4140 10G network interface device is designed to support a wide range of MEF-based Carrier Ethernet services for Mobile Backhaul, Business Ethernet, Cloud Assurance and Carrier Exchange E-Access Services.
- (4) 1000Base/10G SFP+ ports, any port can be network or client
- E-Line (EPL and EVPL) E-LAN (EP-LAN and EVP-LAN) E-Access (Access EPL and EVPL)
- Blended Ethernet Service Activation testing supporting RFC2544 and “services” testing via EVC bandwidth policies or CoS ingress and egress tags with 1-way delay measurements reported in 1-milliseconds
- Hardware based Precision Time Protocol 1588v2 with clock off-set reporting and monitoring between grandmaster and slave with nanosecond accuracy
- Multi-CoS 802.1p and IPv4, IPv6, DiffServ/TOS to ensure any level of service between operator and customer networks
- Hardware based Service OAM (IEEE 802.1ag) and Performance Monitoring (ITU Y.1731) ensure accurate service performance delivery with two and oneway delay measurement reporting.
- Bandwidth policies enforced by rate limiting the port, VLAN ID or EVC with configurable CIR, CBS, EIR, EBS, with real-time green/yellow/red/discarded frame monitoring.
- ITU G.8031 linear APS and G.8032 (v1 and v2) rings offer sub 50ms failover.
- Strong security authentication/verification including SSH/SSL RSA/DSA certificate generation, TACACS+, RADIUS, HTTPs, SNMP v1, v2c and v3, up to 15 different levels of user administrative access rights
- IPv6 and IPv4 dual-stack addressing
- Dual firmware banks/images
- Configuration backup/restore
- Dying / Last gasp
- Industry Standard CLI
- InterVLAN routing
IEEE 1588-2008 (v2) Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
ITU G.8261 Sychronous Ethernet
ITU Y.1731 PM
|Data Rate||SFP ports 1Gbps/10Gbps|
|Max MAC Addresses||32K|
|Max Frame Size||10,056bytes|
|Status LEDs||Power, Port Activity, Port Duplex|
|Dimensions||Width: 17.378” [441.33 mm]
Depth: 10" [254 mm]
Height: 1.75” [44.45 mm]
|Power Supply||Redundant, hot-swappable
AC 100-250 VAC
DC 21-72 VDC
|Environment||Operating: 0°C to 50°C|
|Compliance||Safety: UL listed
EMI: EN55022 Class A, CE
|Warranty||5 Year Hardware|
(4) 1000/10GBase SFP+ ports
Service Provider Simplicity Deployed
MEF CE2.0 Certificate (PDF 266.80 KB) Jan 27, 2014
S4140 Datasheet (PDF 184.53 KB)
- Installation Guides
Installation Guide Rev B (PDF 1.85 MB) Jul 21, 2015
Release Notes v1.9.4 (PDF 206.15 KB) Feb 13, 2015 Release Notes v184.108.40.206 (PDF 208.25 KB) Sep 29, 2014
- SNMP MIBs
MIBs 1.9.4 (ZIP 695.83 KB) Aug 27, 2015 MIBs v1.7.4 (ZIP 692.79 KB) Oct 24, 2013
- User Guides
CLI Reference Guide Rev B (PDF 3.41 MB) Jul 21, 2015
We value Transition Networks as a vendor. We have been extremely impressed with the capabilities and performance of their products and even more with their support and willingness to work with us to add features or address issues.