Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extender With PoE+
(1) 10/100/1000Base RJ-45/SFP Combo Port + (1) 1000Base-T RJ-45 Port or 2-Wire Terminal Block
EO2PSE4052-111 & EO2PD4052-111
Transition Networks Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extender With PoE+ provides the ability to quickly and easily upgrade Ethernet networks with modern PoE powered IP devices without the need to replace the existing copper wire infrastructure. The extenders leverage existing 18-24 AWG unshielded twisted pair (CAT 5, CAT 3 and other twisted 2-wire phone wire) cabling infrastructure to extend the Ethernet network at half Gigabit speeds and provide data and power to IP devices in remote locations, saving time and money over installing new cable.
The Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extenders With PoE+ are used in pairs, with a local device at one end and a remote device at the other end of the copper link. The extenders provide flexibility for connecting to either copper or fiber Ethernet network equipment. The Local device offers a 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 and 100/1000Base-X open SFP combo port and a RJ-45 or 2-wire terminal block connection to provide safety extra low voltage (SELV) power over UTP or twisted 2-wire to the Remote device. The Remote device receives power through the RJ-45 or 2-wire terminal block connection and provides a 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 output with PoE+ power or a 100/1000Base-X open SFP combo port connection for IP cameras, wireless access points or other PoE powered end devices.
Power for the Local device can be supplied through a properly isolated +48VDC power source or through the designated 90 Watt power adapter. Power for the Remote device can be supplied with PoE from the Local unit, through a properly isolated +48VDC power source, or through the designated power adapter for providing redundant power or for additional power requirements at the Remote device.
The Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extenders With PoE+ are supplied with a web GUI, which allows password-protected access to various configuration options of both the Local and Remote devices through a single IP address. It also allows easy upgrades to firmware.
- Copper or fiber combo Ethernet port
- IEEE 802.3af/at compliant Remote PoE+ port for powering cameras or other remote devices
- Full PoE+ at 335-1,500 ft. over a single pair or 1,500-6,800 ft. over multiple pairs* (dependent on cable type)
- Half-Gigabit Ethernet speeds over UTP cable at distances of 330 feet (100m) or Fast Ethernet speeds at approximately 1800 feet (550m) (dependent on wire gauge*)
- Proprietary SELV classification prevents unintended power delivery to non-Transition Networks devices
- Power monitoring
- Auto Power Reset (APR) and power-saving mode
- Web browser configurable
- Plug-and-Play installation
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Can be managed through a single IP address
- 128 Bit AES encryption over 2-wire
- IPv4 and IPv6 supported
- Client for DHCP, DNS, NTP
- Connection for optional power on Remote device
- Preserves investment in existing UTP or twisted 2-wire infrastructure
*Minimum distance stated is 24 AWG cable DC resistance of 29.9 ohm per 1000 ft. Cable with less DC resistance will increase distance. Use of multiple pairs vs a single twisted pair will increase distance and available power. To determine power distance for specific cable types, refer to online calculator.
|Ports||Ethernet: 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 or 100/1000Base-X SFP Combo
2-Wire: 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 or 2-wire terminal block
PoE: 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 PoE+
|Status LEDs||Power, Copper Power, Copper ACT, Copper Security,
Combo Port Link/ACT, PoE+
|Dimensions||Width: 3.25” [82.5 mm]
Depth: 5.38" [136.7 mm]
Height: 1.25" [31.75 mm]
|Power Consumption||45 Watts (max)
EO2PSE 4 Watts
EO2PD 4.4 Watts
|Power Input||48 VDC|
|Environment||Operating: 0°C to +65°C (Industrial +85°C SFP modules must be used above 50°C ambient temperature)
Storage: -40°C to 85°C
Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Altitude: 0 – 10,000 ft.
|Weight||1.05 lbs. [0.48 kg]|
|MTBF||Greater than 200,000 MIL-HDBK-217F Hours
|Certifications||Safety: External Power Supply: CE Mark;
Emissions: FCC Part 15, CISPR22/EN55022
Class A; Immunity: EN55024
NOTE: ONE LOCAL UNIT MUST BE PAIRED WITH ONE REMOTE UNIT
(1) 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 port or (1) 100/1000Base-X SFP combo port + (1) 10/100/1000Base RJ-45 or 2-Wire Terminal Block combo port
|Add to Quote|
(1) 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 port or 2-Wire Terminal Block combo port + (1) 10/100/1000Base-T IEEE 802.3af/at or (1) 100/1000Base-X SFP combo port
|Add to Quote|
NOTE: Local and Remote must be used as a pair.
Note: A properly isolated power source is required for each Local unit and an external power supply is optional for Remote units depending on power requirements.
These PoE products may be licensed under one or more of the patents listed at cmspatents.com.
- Application Notes
Deploying IP Devices Using Alternative Cabling Types
- CAD Files
Request CAD Files ( )
Ethernet Over 2-Wire Power Distance Calculator (ZIP 42.68 KB) Aug 16, 2019
Datasheet (PDF 480.62 KB)
Release Notes v0.6.0.4 (PDF 355.71 KB) Jul 27, 2018 Release Notes v0.6.0.2 (PDF 230.54 KB) Apr 4, 2017
Auto Power Reset Overview (PDF 370.95 KB) Cost Savings with Ethernet Extenders Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extender With PoE+ Overview (PDF 579.74 KB)
- Product Comparisons
Comparison of Leading 2-Wire Ethernet Extenders with PoE+ (PDF 163.98 KB)
- User Guides
User Guide Rev F (PDF 2.50 MB) Aug 26, 2020 Quick Start Guide Rev E (PDF 387.63 KB) Jun 9, 2020
Connecting and Powering IoT Devices for Smart Cities and Buildings Ethernet Over Alternative Cable Type Solutions Overview Introduction to the Ethernet Over 2-Wire Extender With PoE+
- Visio Stencils
Stencil (ZIP 31.53 KB) Aug 25, 2020
Going the Distance: Building PoE Networks Over Any Cable ( )
I’ve used Transition Networks’ products in my customer installations for years. I’ve always found their products, customer service, sales, and tech support to be top-notch. I wouldn’t even consider using another brand.